Convergence provides a dynamic and engaging approach to conflict transformation for churches, denominations, NGOs and business organizations. This training is particularly effective for leadership councils, Sessions, Vestries and curated congregational groups.
This 1 day online workshop will walk your group through how to become skilled in conflict transformation. You will learn skills that will reshape your interactions with present and future congregational conflict and equip you for managing conflict in your work and personal life.
Together, we will explore the following topics:
- What is conflict?
- Your individual approach to conflict
- Family Systems Theory, triangulation and conflict mapping
- Managing difficult conversations and emotions
- How conflict functions in groups and organizations
- Your congregational conflict habits
- A process for addressing conflict between individuals and within groups
- Healthy congregational conflict practices
In addition to presentations on each of these topics, there will be opportunities for sharing our personal experiences with conflict and working on leading through difficult conflict using case studies and role playing.